time in niger

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Nous Sommes Arrivees au Niger!

So we survived the flights and are at the CFCA (literature or learning center here) in Niamey. The flights were fine-from JFK to Paris we were super speedy because we boarded the plane later than expected and managed to arrive at Charles De Gaule an hour early. Got NO sleep on that flight because I sat way close to a Trinidad musician who wanted to read my magazines and listen to my ipod! Slightly annoying.. To compensate for the absence of rest on that plane, I took Nyquil anndd benadryl - thus slept on the floor at the airport, and was completely conked on the way to Niger! Was awoken by a nice French flight attendant who said, ''Mademoiselle, some macaroni?'' I declined because I was BARELY awake, but he insisted that I would be hungry and Africa, needed to put some food in my stomach, and at least try... then I got a little scared! But we arrived full and safe to what is the Niamey National Airport. There was a small dust storm I think because it was pretty cloudy.. and by cloudy I mean dusty in the air. But that was day 1. Just trying to catch up since it's now day 3.

PS the punctuation marks on this computer are off, or not like on American computers at least, so I may avoid being gramatically correct until I figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment